Aware Parenting is based on 3 aspects or pillars:
1. Attachment style parenting
2. Non-Punitive Discipline
3. Helping children heal from stress and trauma
Dr. Solter states that most behavior issues in children are a result of stress. She believes that there are 3 reasons why a child “misbehaves”.
1. The child has unmet needs. This could be anything from hunger or sleepiness to needing attention or connection.
2. The child lacks information. For example: We have to teach a child that the wall is not for drawing.
3. They are holding stress or unhealed trauma.
To contact Dr. Aletha Solter go to: http://www.awareparenting.com/solter.htm