Check Out My Free Alexa Skill >>
“When we have a child, we have a choice to repeat the childhood we had, or you have the opportunity to make a conscious change.”Karen ApanaTodays guest is Karen Apana. Karen has been teaching personal biography workshops for over two decades. She offers deep insights into what it means to be human and how to understand the natural cycles of life we all go through. Understanding personal biography is about becoming conscious of what has happen to you. Remembering experiences and understanding how those experiences have shaped you.
Here’s a fun exercise that will instantly add a bit of clarity.
- Take a moment and remember an experience you had from the first 7 years of your life. Whatever the first thing that comes into your mind. Write it down in as much clarity and detail as you can.
- Do it now….I’m not going anywhere 🙂
- Read it out loud to yourself then share it with a friend, your partner or if you’re really brave in the comments section below.
- Take sometime to reflect on that experience…sit with it for a bit. Could be an hour could be a day….just let it simmer.
- Back already 😉 Good work!!!!
- Now ask yourself. How is this memory connected to what I’m experiencing in my life right now?
Onto the show notes.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why is it important to do biography work ?
- What are our own personal dramas ?
- How do we live with questions we cannot find answers to?
- How can we make space for ourselves to not have to have EVERYTHING figured out?
- How do we access our full potential and harness the power to be our true self?
Links and Books Mentioned:
The Kingdom of Childhood – Rudolf Steiner
Life After Life – Raymond A. Moody, M.D.
Return From Tomorrow – Dr. George Ritchie
Passages – Gail Sheehy
Cosmos and Psyche – Richard Tarnas
Way of All Women – Esther Harding
Illusions – Richard Bach
Way of A Peaceful Warrior – Dan Millman